SOCIAL WORKER I, CRIMINAL JUSTICE
|Department||DJS Western Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||8/17/2021 12:40:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,404 - $86,450.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
By law, Department of Juvenile Services (DJS) is a child-serving agency responsible for assessing the individual needs of referred youth and providing intake, detention, probation, commitment, and after-care services. DJS collaborates with youth, families, schools, community partners, law enforcement, and other public agencies to coordinate services and resources to contribute to safer communities.
If you are looking for an exciting career in Behavioral Health with competitive pay, great benefits, as well as opportunity for advancement and professional growth – Apply to become a member of the DJS Team today! DJS offers you a wide range of benefits such as medical and dental coverage, paid time off (i.e. vacation, sick leave), tuition reimbursement, continuing education offerings, license renewal reimbursement, state pension, supplemental retirement options (i.e. 401k, 457b etc.) and opportunity to be member of a state employee credit union.
The Behavioral Health positions within DJS provide services, which are essential to providing support to the youth and families we serve. DJS is seeking dedicated candidates who want to make a difference in the lives of youth and families- come join us!
We are dedicated to ensuring that our Mental Health Graduate Professional Counselor employees are properly compensated for their vital role and professional experience. Our Mental Health Graduate Professional Counselor employees are brought onboard at an increased salary starting at $63,187.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Positions are located throughout the State of Maryland. The recruitment is open and continuous and never closes. Applications are accepted continuously and one can apply at any time. Therefore, the resulting eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies in work locations listed above. When completing the application, please select all locations in which you are willing to work.
Baltimore City Juvenile Justice Center – Baltimore City
Charles H. Hickey, Jr. School – Baltimore County
Victor Cullen Center – Frederick County
Noyes Children Center – Montgomery County
Cheltenham Youth Detention Center – Prince George’s County
Western Maryland Children’s Center – Washington County
Lower Eastern Shore Children’s Center - Wicomico County
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Graduate Social Worker (on or by June 30, 2018), Master Social Worker (on or after July 1,2018, Certified Social Worker or Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have a license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license is obtained, submit a copy to the hiring department.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the hiring department. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
2.Employees of the Department of Juvenile Services must complete an approved training program in group counseling techniques.
3. Employees of the Department of Juvenile Services may be required to complete the Level I Counseling course certified by the Maryland AIDS Professional Education Center.
4. Employees of the Department of Juvenile Services are required to qualify for and successfully complete the Entry Level Training Academy operated by the Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application and copy of license/certificate to the address below or fax a paper application and copy of license/certificate to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E. Redwood St., 15th floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Linda Padgett
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at DJS.Careers@maryland.gov. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|