SOCIAL WORK REGIONAL SUPERVISOR, CRIMINAL JUSTICE
|Department||DJS Western Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||9/9/2019 11:14:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,152.00 - $82,089.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shavonne Holman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
6000 Cullen Drive
Sabillasville, MD 21780
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
Experience: Five years of experience providing clinical and therapeutic social work services through the application of the principles, methods and procedures of professional social work, to clients requiring rehabilitative counseling or forensic social work services, including eighteen months of experience completing assessments formulating diagnostic impressions, treating mental disorders and other conditions or providing psychotherapy as a Certified Social Worker-Clinical and one year of experience supervising lower level Social Workers providing clinical and therapeutic social work to clients.
1. Candidates may substitute a Doctorate degree in social work from an accredited college or university for up to one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at the rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in Social Science, Psychology or Welfare fields of work for the required experience.
Candidates must have at least one year of experience providing mental health treatment to the youth.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates who have more than three years experience providing behavioral health services to troubled adolescents and their families along with experience coordinating or leading an adolescent/youth focused behavioral health team within the criminal justice field are preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the State Board of Social Work Examiners for eighteen months prior to appointment to social work supervisor positions in State service per Code of Maryland Regulations 10.42.08.04(2)(b), effective July 1, 2004.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the hiring department. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
2. Employees of the Department of Juvenile Services must complete an approved training program in group counseling techniques.
3. Employees of the Department of Juvenile Services may be required to complete the Level I Counseling course of the Maryland AIDS Professional Education Center.
4. Employees of the Department of Juvenile Services must qualify for and successfully complete the Entry Level Training Academy operated by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
5. Employees of the Department of Juvenile Services are required to complete the Correctional First Line Supervisors Training within one year of appointment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Please make sure to provide sufficient information on your application to show the qualifications for this recruitment.
For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
This list will be used by DJS hiring agency to select employees.
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application and copy of license/certificate to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Shavonne Holman
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual and disabled applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments. DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|