ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||2/5/2019 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,078.00 - $55,270.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Wallace|
The Maryland State Retirement Agency is the administrator of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System. The System provides defined benefits to more than 160,000 retirees and beneficiaries, 190,000 active members, and 40,000 vested members. These defined benefits include disability benefits, retirement benefits, and death benefits. Individuals eligible for membership in the System include all State employees, teachers of all County Boards of Education, correctional officers, State police officers, judges, legislators, and employees of other governmental employers who have elected to join the System.
The Maryland State Retirement Agency is recruiting for multiple Administrative Specialist III positions within the Benefits Administration Division. These positions require individuals who possess strong organization, problem solving, and math skills. Successful candidates will have excellent skills related to customer service, communications, and attention to detail.
LOCATION OF POSITION
120 East Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above at the rate of one year experience for 30 credit hours of education for up to 60 credit hours of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or mathematics related majors;
* At least one year of demonstrated experience processing customer requests involving eligibility determination and/or benefit calculations (e.g. banking, insurance, lending, etc.);
* At least one year of demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the minimum for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
Due to the confidential nature of the work, selected candidates must undergo and pass a background check.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
DBM Recruitment & Examination Department
301 West Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-4854.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.