ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
|Department||DNR - Maryland Park Service - State Wide Operation|
|Date Opened||3/12/2019 12:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$16.82 - $21.62/ hour|
|HR Analyst||Khia Poteat|
One vacancy; full-time
Contract Period: One year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Maryland Department of Natural Resources, Maryland Park Service, is currently accepting applications for a long-term contractual Administrative Specialist III position at Patapsco Valley State Park. This position provides assistance in the formulation and monitoring of the parks' operation budgets. This position prepares and processes park invoices and bank deposits, monitors expenditures, corporate card purchases and encumbrances and maintains park files. This position reconciles revenue, may operate a cash register for sales and track inventories. This position makes recommendations concerning operational needs and priorities and respond to inquiries from the public and park staff.
In the area of customer service, this position is responsible for providing current information to customers on park policies, regulations and service charges. The candidate is also responsible for distributing mail and maintaining office files, compiling statistical data to include visitation figures and mileage forms, preparing seasonal contracts and purchasing office supplies for park staff.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above at the rate of one year experience for 30 credit hours of education for up to 60 credit hours of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualifications; please include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Two years of experience using the following office hardware/equipment: printers, scanners, personal computer, external hard drives, copier, I-Pad or similar device, Smart Phone, digital phone system, cash register.
2. Two years of experience using the following computer software: Word, Excel, Quicken, Access, Publisher, Internet Explorer, Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive.
3. Two years of experience dealing with customers/public in the following manners: telephone, e-mail, written correspondence, face to face contact.
4. Two years of experience monitoring and reconciling fiscal/budgetary resources.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who works an average of at least 12 hours per week. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Human Resources Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Khia Poteat at
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|