ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
|Department||MDE - Air and Radiation Administration (ARA)|
|Date Opened||5/9/2019 10:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/23/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,254 - $45,316 w/progression to $55,547 State Salary Guidelines apply to State employees.|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Air and Radiation Administration
Operational Services/Budget & Operations Division
1800 Washington Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above at the rate of one year experience for 30 credit hours of education for up to 60 credit hours of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- One year experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, etc.);
- One year of experience tracking payments in a financial management system/database;
- One year of experience performing data entry;
- One year of experience in accounts payable or receivable;
- One year of experience processing invoices; and
- One year of experience assisting with preparing annual budgets.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The MD Department of the Environment does not sponsor individuals in the application of the H-1B Visa. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the state application. If online access is unavailable or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation you may submit a paper application, required documentation, transcripts and addendums via fax 410-537-3966, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources
Recruitment and Examination Division
1800 Washington Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21230 (Office) 410-537-3105
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.