ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
Migrant Education Support Assistant
|Department||MSDE - Division of Student Family & School Support|
|Date Opened||5/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,254.00 - $55,547.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Coordinate and maintain the State Migrant Data System (MIS2000).
- Review and process all student data (health and educational submitted by LEA) into MIS2000 and MSIX (Federal Requirement).
- Design and prepare reports (required and requested such as: Annual Federal Performance Report, State Migrant Education student information reports, data validation reports, Federal required Migrant Child Count Report, and Federal Consortium Reports) using Report Builder, Access, and Excel.
- Develop local and State trend data and analyze data for local and State reports. Site visits (monitoring and/or technical assistance for record keeping of migrant student school information to meet Federal mandates)
- Correspondence with the US Department of Education regarding federal reports and data.
- Implement procedures to ensure the accuracy of eligibility information on Certification of Eligibility (COE) forms submitted by migrant recruiters (Identification and Recruitment is a Federal requirement).
- Review and validate COEs to meet Federal requirements.
- Maintain a documentation system, which includes LEAs source document, Certification of Eligibility forms (paper and electronic), and key enrollment and student information.
- Site visits (monitoring and/or technical assistance for completion of COE forms and record keeping).
- Provide support to Maryland’s MEP Workgroup and to any Migrant Interstate Coordination Consortium (OSY Consortium).
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above at the rate of one year experience for 30 credit hours of education for up to 60 credit hours of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Customer Service Experience
- Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Multi-Line Telephone Experience
- Maintaining Alpha/ Numeric Filing Systems
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload your document(s) by electronic means with the submission of your application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-333-8950 (providing a cover sheet with the following : each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, Recruitment Number, and the last 4 digits of your SS# and indicate application Administrative Specialist III- [JobAps#: 19-002043-0021]). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, however a paper application may be submitted to:
Maryland State Department of Education
Office of Human Resources
C/o Marcia Cooper-Stokes
200 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.