ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
Agency Budget Specialist
|Department||MLGCA Administration and Operations|
|Date Opened||3/4/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,186.00 - $67,144.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Nathan Warfield|
LOCATION OF POSITION
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 330
Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
The position is responsible for assisting with the preparation, presentation, execution and monitoring of the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency's annual operating budget. The employee will also be responsible for managing the agency's Executive and Administration Finance and Operations (AFO) budgets. Other key responsibilities include using budget data to create, maintain, and update various financial spreadsheets, statistical budget reports and other essential documents while supporting departments throughout the agency.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
· Prepare the annual budget for both the lottery and gaming;
· Work with the DBM and DLS budget analysts to address budget questions and prepare budget testimony;
· Monitor the Agency’s Monthly Budget activity and prepare the monthly budget packages for the Agency budget coordinators;
· Review procurement requests to ensure they are for proper purposes and are properly coded;
· Review monthly FMIS reports to ensure all expenditures are charged to the proper comptroller objects;
· Coordinate the year-end closing process to ensure that all deadlines are met, funds are properly accrued and/or encumbered and remaining funds are properly reverted; and
· Prepare journal entries to allocate credit card purchases and move funds between programs.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience using FMIS to include running reports and entering journal entries.
- Proficiency with Microsoft EXCEL.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. The online application process is strongly advised. If you are unable to apply online, you may complete and submit a completed paper application or direct any questions to:
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency
Attention: Nate Warfield, Director of Human Resources
1800 Washington Blvd., Suite 330 Baltimore, MD 21230
For inquiries call (410) 230-8764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.