ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
|Department||Maryland Higher Education Commission|
|Date Opened||6/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/3/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,397.00 - $67,480.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cheryl Murphy|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position works within the Office of Budget and Administration and will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day management of agency procurement of equipment, services, construction, supplies, information technology, and other needs, which must be obtained through the competitive or negotiated procurement process.
- Solicit, evaluate, negotiate and award contracts, according to State Procurement laws, procedures and regulations, as well as maintain contracts by ensuring compliance with terms and conditions.
- Responsible for ordering, maintaining and cataloging agency inventory and serving as the agency property and agency forms management coordinator.
- Serve as the agency MBE liaison.
- Provide backup support for payroll processing.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- At least two (2) years of experience performing professional procurement activities with the State of Maryland or similar government agency;
- Experience and familiarity with the State of Maryland's Financial Management Information System (FMIS) is strongly preferred;
- At least two (2) years of experience with pre-bid conferences.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
RESUME REQUIRED with online application and can be uploaded as an attachment under the Resume Tab of the online application. Please combine all documents together as ONE attachment (resume, degree, etc.).
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).