ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
|Department||DHS - Ops Ofc - Div of Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||6/28/2019 12:17:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/12/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,397.00 - $67,480.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Scott Waddel|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of Human Services
Division of Administrative Operations
311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
EDUCATION: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Three years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Two years of experience in commercial property management.
2. Ability to interpret construction drawings (space/site plans).
3. One year experience in construction project budget management
4. One year experience with construction vendor management (i.e. the coordination of vendors involved with a commercial facility renovation or construction project)
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position.
You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 134, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
Please upload any requested supporting documentation. Resumes are not required. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-0882.
Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment. If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.