ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
|Department||MDH Health Systems & Infrastructure Admin|
|Date Opened||8/2/2019 2:58:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,669.00 - $56,417.00/year, with potential growth to $69,505.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Carol Carson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Office of Population Health Improvement, Operations Unit, Baltimore, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position serves a critical function in the Office of Population Health Improvement (OPHI) by managing all fiscal operations within the Office. The main purpose of this position is to perform an advanced level of accounting work examining, analyzing and interpreting the OPHI's systems, records and reports. This position will apply generally accepted accounting principles in order to maintain agency federal and general fund accounting systems, prepare financial reports and manage the OPHI's annual operating budget while ensuring the financial integrity of the fiscal records of the Administration. This position will also develop and manage the OPHI's annual budget, quarterly projections, and expenditure management. This position plays a vital role in the management and oversite of all Federal and General fund expenditures within OPHI including the Local Health Department Core Funding.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three years experience in administrative or professional work.
Notes: 1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate should have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Experience in reading, analyzing and interpreting a variety of financial statements and reports
- Experience conducting analysis, collecting data, establishing facts and defining problems
- Experience with business accounting and finance
- Experience in budget preparation, presentation, management and execution
- Experience with State of Maryland Procurement
- Experience utilizing FMIS Software and ADPICS system
- Experience with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google applications (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms), Adobe (Acrobat Pro)
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.