ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
LAND AND MATERIALS ADMINISTRATION
|Department||MDE - Land and Materials Administration (LMA)|
|Date Opened||9/5/2019 09:40:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/20/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,669 - $56,417 w/ progression to $69,505. State salary guidelines apply to State employees.|
|HR Analyst||Peggie Jefferson|
The Land and Materials Administration, Technical Services and Operations Program is recruiting for an Administrative Officer III. This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of the Environment. This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for this position/function only. The resulting cert list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One year of Financial Management Information System (FMIS) experience;
- One year of experience or knowledge of doing revenue and/or expenditure reconciliations;
- One year of experience using Microsoft Access and Excel.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best, Better, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The MD Department of the Environment does not sponsor individuals in the application of the H-1B Visa. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under the Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply.