ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
AIR AND RADIATION ADMINISTRATION
|Department||MDE - Air and Radiation Administration (ARA)|
|Date Opened||11/25/2019 1:55:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/10/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,669 - $56,417 w/progression to $69,505 (State Salary Guidelines apply to State employees).|
|HR Analyst||Peggie Jefferson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Two years of experience in contract management involving duties such as: drafting / issuing solicitations, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, and regulations.
- Two years of experience in procurement involving duties such as: preparing and issuing change orders/modifications, reviewing proposals, preparing procurement documents, negotiating terms and conditions and managing vendor relationships.
- Two years of experience monitoring and reconciling fiscal/budgetary resources.
- Experience using the following software: Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Google applications (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms), Adobe (Acrobat Pro).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the state application. If you are unable to apply online or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation you may submit a paper application, required documentation, transcripts and addendums via fax 410-537-3966, email: email@example.com or mail to:
Office of Human Resources
Recruitment and Examination Division
1800 Washington Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21230
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.