NATURAL RESOURCES PLANNER V
|Department||MDE - Air and Radiation Administration (ARA)|
|Date Opened||4/10/2019 09:02:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/24/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,529.00 - $87,546.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Lewis|
The Air & Radiation Administration is recruiting for an internal Natural Resources Planner V position in the Air Monitoring Program. This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of the Environment. This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for this position/function only. The resulting cert list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
This position is open to permanent and contractual employees of the Maryland Department of the Environment only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Air & Radiation Management Administration/Air Monitoring Program
1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in an environmental science or natural resources planning, management, or development.
Experience: Seven years of experience in natural resources planning or an applied environmental science.
Notes: 1. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, biological or environmental sciences and one year of experience in natural resources planning or applied environmental science may be substituted for the required education.
2. Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a natural resources planning, management, administration, development, environmental urban or regional planning; resources economics or development; environmental system management; water or land resources planning and management; environmental landscape architecture; or the physical, chemical, biological or environmental sciences maybe substituted for up to three years of the required experience.
3. Possession of a Doctorate Degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources planning, management, administration, development, environmental urban or regional planning; resources economics or development; environmental system management; water or land resources planning and management; environmental landscape architecture; or the physical, chemical, biological or environmental sciences maybe substituted for up to five years of the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Experience in the operation, maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting of continuous and manual based air monitoring instrumentation specific to PM, CO, NOx, SO2, O3 and the calibration systems of these methods;
- Knowledge of both federal and State regulations pertaining to these instrument methods;
- Experience in reviewing ambient air data sets for completeness and accuracy;
- Experience in the evaluation of diagnostic information from the air monitoring data acquisition system that includes pollutant concentrations and instrument operational parameters such as voltages, flow rates, PMT output and temperatures;
- Experience leading / training / overseeing other NRPs in activities including but not limited to: data collection, instrumentation maintenance and troubleshooting, ambient air monitoring shelter design and installation.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Your application is part of the examination process. The assessment will be a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of this position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified or Qualified and placed on the cert list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
Education credentials and experience verification will be completed by the Appointing Authority. If you are scheduled to complete an education or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process, if one is required. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
The MD Department of the Environment does not sponsor individuals in the application of the H-1B Visa. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service (prior to hire).
It is STRONGLY preferred that you apply online; however, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person to:
Tammy Lewis, Manager, Recruitment and Examination Division
Office of Human Resources
MDE Reference Number:19-002310-0002
1800 Washington Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21230
Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and reference number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the state application.
You may email required documentation, transcripts and addendums to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 410-537-3966.
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay