ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST SUPERVISOR
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||6/18/2019 3:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/2/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,477.00 - $60,183.00/year (with potential growth to $74,191.00/year) Effective July 1,2019|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the Maryland Board of Environmental Health Specialists under the licensing requirements for Environmental Health Specialists.
Experience: Two years of experience performing inspections and investigations to ensure compliance with environmental health laws and regulations.
1. Candidates may substitute possession of a Master of Public Health or Master of Science degree from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Environmental Engineering classifications or Environmental Engineering specialty codes in the Engineering and Natural Resources field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following desired qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications
- Experience reviewing architectural plans for food service facilities.
- Experience reviewing Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) plans.
- Experience performing preopening inspections to ensure compliance with environmental health laws and regulations.
- Supervisory experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess and maintain a current license as a Registered Environmental Health Specialist from the Maryland Board of Environmental Health Specialists. A copy of your license or license number should be uploaded on your application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.