REVENUE ADMINISTRATOR VI- Assistant Section Manager
Taxpayer Services Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||6/17/2019 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/1/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,152.00 - $82,089.00/year|
|HR Analyst||April Hall|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
This is a position specific recruitment. The resulting certified eligible list may be used to staff several current and future vacancies for this position/function only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The main purpose of this position is to assist in managing the Branch Operations Section of the Taxpayer Services Division. To plan, organize and coordinate, the operations of twelve branch offices and two remote call centers; to supervise, review and evaluate the work of the Regional Managers, monitor subordinate employees, review deposit and inspection reports. The assistant section manager is to learn the duties of the section manager.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is considered one of the Agency's emergency essential personnel and is to ensure that the Unit is adequately staffed during normal work hours and is available during emergency situations. The daily work hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Evening, Saturday and Holiday hours may be required during the tax filing season January through May
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university.
Experience: Seven years of professional experience in auditing, accounting, the practice of tax law, or general management. Five years of this experience must have involved supervising professional accountants or auditors; giving legal advice requiring the interpretation of tax laws I the capacity of a tax attorney; or must have been in a responsible administrative or management capacity sufficient to demonstrate capabilities of performing responsible staff work.
- Applicants may substitute additional experience as defined above on a year-for-year basis for the required education. Possession of a Certificate as a Certified Public Accountant may be substituted for two years of the required general experience.
- Applicants may substitute graduate education in an academic field related to the required experience from an accredited college or university at the rate of one year of education for one year of the required general experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in accounting and budget classification or accounting and budget specialty codes in the tax examining field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Supervisor / management experience.
- Knowledge and experience in Maryland tax laws and forms.
- Knowledge and experience in federal tax laws and forms.
- Experience in providing customer service.
- Good organizational/multi-tasking ability.
- Good communication skills (speaking & writing).
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
- Work may involve physical demands such as lifting 35 pounds and adjusting furniture or furnishings.
1. The nature of the position requires that the employee be able to travel.
2. Employees in this class may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employee assigned such duties will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to demonstrate that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Please indicate clearly any position-specific experience and ensure all education and experience sections are complete. Incomplete information may result in the disqualification of your application.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin) T
- he last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at email@example.com
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.