|Department||MSP - Field Operations Bureau|
|Date Opened||5/7/2019 10:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,178.00 - $52,095.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Robert Tanner|
This is an INTERNAL RECRUITMENT, restricted to CURRENT MARYLAND STATE POLICE full-time, permanent and contractual employees and employees working with the state by contract.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MSP Glen Burnie Barrack
6800 Aviation Blvd.
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for providing sole secretarial and clerical support to the Commander and command staff of the Maryland State Police, Glen Burnie Barrack to include composing correspondence; processing traffic accident reports, citations, warrants and summons; and compiling and preparing statistical data reports. The position is also responsible for maintaining warrants for both the Glen Burnie and Annapolis Barracks.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience working with warrant/summons control
2. Experience working with the Uniform Crime Report
3. Experience working with the MSP Agency Manuals
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This is an internal recruitment, restricted to current Maryland State Police full-time, permanent and contractual employees and employees working with the state by contract.
Demonstrated ability to accurately type on a keyboard on a personal computer at a minimum of forty words per minute may be required, depending on the specific requirements of the position.
The selection for this process will involve a review of each application. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on an eligible list in the BEST, BETTER or QUALIFIED category. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select the individual to fill the vacancy. The list will be valid for one year.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: R. Bruce Tanner
Questions or concerns regarding this recruitment may be sent to the following e-mail address:
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.