|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||5/23/2019 12:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/7/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,178.00 - $52,095.00/year|
|HR Analyst||William Boniarski|
THIS IS A FULL TIME CONTRACTUAL POSITION (1864 Hours)
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police
Motor Vehicle Division
7749 Washington Blvd.
Jessup, MD 20794
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Two years of experience providing secretarial support to an official, administrator, or an administrative staff.
2. Independently prepares correspondence and statistical reports.
3. Experience working at the municipal, county, state or federal levels of government.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Demonstrated ability to accurately type on a keyboard on a personal computer at a minimum of forty words per minute may be required, depending on the specific requirements of the position.
Applicants for this position will be subject to a complete criminal background investigation and polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the applicant.
Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for this classification. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be placed on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED or QUALIFIED and remain eligible for consideration for at least one year from the date of examination. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select employees. The list will be valid for one year.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employees and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: William Boniarski