|Department||MSDE - Juvenile Services Education Program|
|Date Opened||10/11/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,174.00 - $53,658.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Nancy S. Grasmick Education Building
200 West Baltimore Street,
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Main Purpose of Job
- Using software applications to prepare, edit and proofread documents for the review and signature of Director (s). This includes preparing routine memos, letters and agendas; recording minutes of staff meetings; creating forms and tables; composing general correspondence; typing grant proposals; and generating reports. Review, proofread, and save all documents for retrieval and revision. Mail and fax correspondence as needed.
- Answering and referring calls to appropriate staff; taking accurate messages; providing information and representing department professionally with maintaining privacy standards.
- Maintaining files, records, schedules, expense reports and office supplies
- Preparing out-state-travel arrangements request forms and other routine reports according to department standards
- Financial Processing
- Prepares and process purchase order contracts and others procurement requests according to state and department procurement policies to obtain services/supplies
- Assembling, compiling and /or summarizing budget account into a concise form and prepare regular reports for Field Directors approval
- Customer Service
- Communicating with JSE Principals, Coordinators and other staff as requested to disseminate information or receive questions to be answered by Field Directors
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One (1) year of FMIS experience
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Data management experience
- Microsoft Office Suite [Excel, Access, Word} experience
- Alpha & Numeric Filing experience
- Customer Service experience
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Please do not put "See Resume" in the job duties section of your application; your application will be considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Human Resources, Attention; Marcia Cooper-Stokes, 200 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-8950. Include the first and last name, recruitment 19-002572-0048 (Administrative Aide) and the last 4 digits of the SS#. Only solicited materials will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Human Resources at 410-767-0019.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Paper application materials must be received by the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
MD TTY Relay Service