|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||1/31/2019 11:08:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,898.00 - $71,671.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christina Lohr|
LOCATION OF POSITION
State Board of Elections
151 West St. Suite 200
Annapolis, MD 21401
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for ensuring that all MDVOTERS, voter registration business processes work correctly; properly setting all MDVOTERS system parameters; and ensuring SBE federal and state statutory requirements are strictly adhered to. This position also supports the agency's security efforts to protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of the voter registration database and the data housed in the system. This position assists in the supervision of 24 local board of elections statewide on the use of MDVOTERS'.
1. Using knowledge of the legal requirements of the Help America Vote Act of 2002 (HAVA), the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA), COMAR, and Election Law, this position institutes and maintains an effective compliance program for the agency.
2. Serves as the Agency Liaison to the Department of Transportation/MVA for the coordination of motor voter registration activities statewide as required by the National Voter Registration Act and Maryland election law.
3. Develops and publishes guidance manuals for Maryland voter registration business processes and best practices to LBE's and SBE.
4. Local Board of Elections problem management.
5. Technology Management
6. Software Testing
7. Other duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Experience with processes involved in software testing and quality assurance.
2. Experience providing problem analyst and ongoing user support.
3. Experience training users on functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems.
4. Experience working with complex rules, regulations procedures, calculations and or the automated processing systems used to administer a diverse and complex system.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Limited to Maryland State Board of Elections employees only.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Applicants must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
State Board of Elections
151 West St. Suite 200
Annapolis MD 21401
If you are unable to upload, please fax requested information to 410-974-5126. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions about this recruitment please call 410-269-2859.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-269-2866 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.