|Department||DJS Central Region - Administration|
|Date Opened||4/2/2019 1:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$45,123.00 - $72,030.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shavonne Holman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Charles H. Hickey School
9700 Old Harford Road
Parkville, MD 21234
Main Purpose of Job
The Administrator I position with DJS prepares and monitors the Regional budget allocation in coordination with the Regional Fiscal Services Chief and the Director of Finance. Additionally, this position is responsible for making quarterly budget projections and review monthly expenditure/revenue reports and requisitions under $2,500 to determine funding availability and compliance for Corporate Purchasing Card (CPC).
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
One year of the above required experience must be in budget preparation, presentation and execution.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, to include Access and Excel
2. Possess an intermediate level of experience with FMIS, ADPICS, R*STARS or similar accounting system
3. Two (2) years experience tracking expenditures using Microsoft Excel and/or Access.
4. One (1) year experience performing tracking of expenditures in a financial management system/database/software.
5. One (1) year experience assisting with the preparation of an annual operating budget, monitoring expenditures, preparing reports and preparing year end closing activities.
6. More than one (1) year of procurement experience, specifically related to Corporate Credit Card CPC) transactions.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This recruitment is limited to current Maryland State employees only.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list categorized as QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED OR BEST QUALIFIED. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a period of one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. This list will be used by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your first and last name, recruitment number that is located at the top of this bulletin and the last 4 digits of your social security number. The paper application must be received at the address below by 5 pm: close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmark will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
Office of Human Resources
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Shavonne Holman
Fax number: 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please, contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.