|Department||MDP General Administration|
|Date Opened||10/8/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,477.00 - $74,191.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Dionne Core|
The Maryland Department of Planning (Planning) provides guidance, analysis, outreach and support to ensure all the state’s natural resources, built environment and public assets are preserved and protected to achieve its goals for economic, community and environmental vitality.
Planning sees Maryland cities, towns and communities as attractive, vibrant places to live, work, play and learn. They grow in ways that add value to the landscape and provide opportunity to new enterprises. Our natural, cultural and historic resources are catalysts that strengthen and renew economic and community development. Planning’s actions change Maryland for the better.
Additionally, Planning staff provides outreach and graphics support to coordinate and manage the creative concept, design, production and procurement of projects involving the use of visual communications media.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
· To manage and coordinate the creative conceptualization, design and production of print, digital and video material for promotional, outreach and, educational campaigns and special projects.
· To provide digital web-compatible graphic elements for use on the department’s Intranet, Internet sites/pages, and other digital media.
· To supervise and coordinate the design, production and printing of multi-page/multi-color publications such as reports, plans, and guidance documents to provide current planning information to the planning community, state agencies, and the public.
· To coordinate cost estimation and procurement for media projects.
· To manage a digital image library containing photographs, illustrating planning concepts and issues for use in publications, web pages, exhibits and PowerPoint presentations.
· To provide photographic support for documentation, promotion and training.
· To prepare progress reports on graphic design projects. Maintain line items for position’s tasks in the Communications division work plan on Intranet.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and Power Point.
A strong design background and formal training in the visual communication of ideas and information.
The ability to supervise and coordinate the design, production and printing of multi-page/multi-color publications.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service needs to be provided before hire.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are not able to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (by the closing date) to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston St., Suite 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: For inquiries regarding this recruitment, please call 410 767-7950
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the on-line or paper application. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling 410-767-3623.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are also encouraged to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay