Energy Performance Manager
|Department||MIL Army Operations and Maintenance|
|Date Opened||8/8/2019 12:18:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$55,227.00 - $79,203.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Angela Stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
5th Regiment Armory
219 29th Division St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
The Maryland National Army Guard (MDARNG), Construction and Facilities Management Office (CMFO), Facilities Management (FM) Branch is responsible for the operations and maintenance (O&M), life-cycle replacements, facility restorations and modernizations, municipal services, utility services, energy management, and fire and emergency services for all Maryland Army National Guard facilities. This includes oversight of engineering operations that include, but are not limited to, military engineer construction projects, agency self-help programs, and oversight of all municipal services. The FM Branch is also responsible for the financial planning, programming, budgeting, budget execution, and accounting for both State and Federal Government.
This recruitment is for the Energy Performance Manager, which serves as the Agency Energy Coordinator with responsibilities for working with the Maryland Department of General Services to meet the State's energy performance and conservation goals. Additionally, the AEC is responsible for the MDARNG energy program to meet Federal Government Agency Comprehensive Energy Master Plan requirements.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- State of Maryland licensed engineer or architect
- Possession of Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or Energy Manager in Training (EMIT) Certification
- Agency Energy Planning experience
- Federal and/or State budget experience
- Procurement experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the State application.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Angela Stokes, Maryland Military Department, Fifth Regiment Armory, 29th Division Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please email email@example.com or call 410-234-3817. MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.