Resource Management & Logistics Officer
|Department||Maryland Emergency Management Agency|
|Date Opened||11/19/2019 07:42:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/4/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,476.00 - $64,214 (with potential for growth up to $79,203.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Kristi Metzger|
The Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is the agency of State Government with primary responsibility and authority for emergency preparedness policy, and for coordinating hazard mitigation, incident response, and disaster recovery. MEMA works to ensure that all Marylanders engage in preparedness activities and that the entire state is more disaster resilient. Emergency preparedness planning is a critical part of MEMA's mission and the successful execution of the Agency's Center for Preparedness Excellence. Our mission is to proactively reduce disaster risks and reliably manager consequences through collaborative work with Maryland's communities and partners.
NOTE: This position operates within an on-call rotating schedule according to assignment within the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) to attend to all emergencies on a statewide 24/7 basis.
LOCATION OF POSITION
5401 Rue St Lo Drive
Reisterstown, MD 21136
Main Purpose of Job
This position will be required to work in an emergency/disaster capacity according to assignment within the State Emergency Operations Structure and according to the Consequence Management Operations Plan.
This position reports to the Resource Management & Logistics Program Coordinator and the Response Coordination Branch Manager and has the responsibility for supporting the following areas/programs:
- The Resource Management & Logistics Program;
- State Logistics & Distribution Management Program;
- Supply Chain Program;
- The Maryland Emergency Management Assistance Compact (MEMAC);
- The National Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC);
- Other mutual aid and mutual assistance programs; and
- Other areas or programs as directed or assigned.
This position is responsible for all matters related to the Resource Management & Logistics Program. This position supports and/or directs State and local efforts related to Resource Management & Logistics initiatives. The position will also support Agency programs, projects, and activities related to the overall Agency mission, and may be tasked to support other related Agency programs, projects, and activities, as assigned by the Response Coordination Manager, Consequence Management Director, Deputy Executive Director, or the Agency Executive Director.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Daily oversight for the resource management & logistics program
- Involved with the development and implementation of the State Resource Management & Logistics Program Strategic Plan, and continually evaluate the effectiveness of our State Resource Management & Logistics Program
- Support all resource management & logistics program activities including, but not limited to, planning projects, WebEOC workflow improvements, training and exercises, and all activities related to the SEOC Training and Exercise Strategic Plan
- Administration of the national Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC) in Maryland
- Develop and implement the State Logistics and Distribution Management Program, and continually evaluate the effectiveness of the State Logistics and Distribution Management Program
- Develop and implement the Supply Chain Program, and continually evaluate the effectiveness of the Supply Chain Program
- Administration of the Maryland Emergency Management Assistance Compact (MEMAC)
- Support MEMA’s strategic goals and objectives for emergency management
- Support Maryland’s strategic goals and objectives for homeland security
- Emergency and disaster prevention, response, and recovery operations as needed and/or assigned by agency Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director, Directors, or Consequence Management personnel
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualifications. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Completion of the latest ICS 100, 200, 700, 800, and 2200
- 6 months of experience with emergency management logistics planning and processes
- 6 months of experience with supply chain management
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. Resumes will not be accepted. To submit documentation regarding your education or your DD-214, the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application.
If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
MEMA - HR ATTN: Kristi Metzger
5401 Rue Saint Lo Drive
Reisterstown, MD 21136.
Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For more information, please call 410-517-3615. MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.