Grants Program Manager
|Department||Maryland Emergency Mgmt. Agency|
|Date Opened||12/2/2019 12:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/17/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,476.00 - $64,214 (with potential for growth up to $79,203.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Kristi Metzger|
LOCATION OF POSITION
5401 Rue St Lo Drive
Reisterstown, MD 21136
Main Purpose of Job
NOTE: This position operates within an on-call rotating schedule according to assignment within the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) to attend to all emergencies on a statewide 24/7 basis.
Assists in the administration and management of the OOCC Grants and supporting programs for which the Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is designated the State Administrative Agency (SAA). Serves as program manager for the Opioid Operation Command Center (OOCC) grants exercising oversight at the state and local level of all phases of the OOCC grant life cycle. Works with OOCC fiscal manager and other staff members to ensure coordination of and compliance with all fiscal and program requirements. Performs duties related to the monitoring the performance and progress of OOCC as well as other federal grant programs for which assistance many be required. Conducts assistance, monitoring and/or desk reviews of program at the sub-recipient level for OOCC. Participates in the MEMA budget development process, makes recommendations to the OOCC fiscal manager on budget priorities and allocations, and monitors subsequent budget execution (as required by fiscal manager) for OOCC. Advises and assists sub-recipients with program requirements and procedures for all OOCC grants. Trains sub-recipients on grant management and reimbursement processes. Assists sub-recipients in completing program requirements. Reviews and updates databases to document and validate grant program expenditures and performance. Performs duties assigned by the Branch Grant Manager and assist other grants program managers when necessary. Performs duties as assigned when the State Emergency Operations Center is activated.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Administer the Opioids Operation Command Center (OOCC) grants
- Schedules, coordinates, and conducts assistance, monitoring and/or desk reviews and audits to ensure sub-recipient compliance with grant guidelines and state/local policies and procedures for all OOCC grants and other grants as assigned
- Makes recommendations to recipients/sub-recipients on program’s best practices
- Support the Agency’s statewide activities
- Support Maryland’s strategic goals and objectives for homeland security
- Support and participate in Mission Support Directorate and overall Agency initiatives and programs
- Emergency and disaster response and recovery operations as needed and/or assigned
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Current Maryland Military Department employee
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- 6 months of experience with grants management/administration
- 6 months of experience with auditing documents and information
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. Resumes will not be accepted. To submit documentation regarding your education or your DD-214, the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application.
If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
MEMA - HR ATTN: Kristi Metzger
5401 Rue Saint Lo Drive
Reisterstown, MD 21136.
Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For more information, please call 410-517-3615. MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|