|Department||DGS Facilities Planning Design & Construction|
|Date Opened||5/7/2019 10:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,152.00 - $82,089.00/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Vehstedt|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is with the Maryland Department of General Services, Facilities Planning, Design, Construction & Energy Division, Office of Energy. The position is located at 301 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Main Purpose of Job
The Contract/Project Manager, under direct supervision of the Director, will be the contract representative and project manager for individual Energy Performance Contracts (EPC) projects. The Contract/Project Manager will interact on a day to day basis with the using agency and the Energy Service Companies (ESCO) during all phases of the contract. The role will assure that all contract requirements are met for each EPC, including meeting project schedules and installation of the agreed upon measures. The Contract/Project Manager will actively engage with the using agency undergoing the EPC, and will be the liaison between the using agency, the ESCO and the Energy Office. The Contract/Project Manager will attend all progress meetings and inform the Director and/or the Energy Office Engineering staff when their assistance and attendance is required. The Contract/Project Manager will refer all engineering decisions to the Energy Office Engineering staff, or the engineering consulting firm, and will keep the Director apprised of all major developments in the project.
The Contract/Project Manager will be familiar with all aspects of all versions of the Indefinite Delivery Contract (IDC) pertinent to each EPC. The Contract/Project Manager will assist in the development of future IDCs, and will chair the IDC proposal review committees. The Contract/Project Manager will also be familiar with the Phase I and Phase II contracts for each project, as well as any supporting documents such as the DGS Procedures Manual. The Contract/Project Manager will chair the review committees for Phase I proposals. The Contract/Project Manager will represent the Energy Office in contract disputes with the ESCOs as necessary.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Develop a full understanding and familiarity with each pertinent IDC.
- Review Phase I and Phase II contracts with supervisor-amend as necessary.
- Act as primary contact for ESCO and using agency for each project.
- Attend all project progress meetings.
- Notify engineering staff with any and all project engineering requirements.
- Assure project milestones and schedule are met.
- Notify supervisor of all disputes between involved parties and work towards a resolution.
- Be available to review ESCO proposals.
- Coordinate project financing with MD Energy Administration (MEA), State Treasurer’s Office, MD Clean Energy Center (MCEC) or any other financing party.
- Perform other energy and contract related tasks as assigned by Director such as: Perform outreach to State agencies to promote EPC program. Assist other Energy Office staff as needed.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
Two years of experience managing construction contracts.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
- Possess a Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification.
- Experience working in the energy field.
- Experience working on Energy Performance Contracts.
- Experience working on State construction contracts.
- Possess a Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to support that you meet the qualifications for this position. All information concerning your qualifications MUST BE submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. We highly recommend that you submit your transcript when you apply for the position.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – Verification will be completed by the appointing authority. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of an examination. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week. You must include on your application the time spent on such activity. You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Applicants are encouraged to upload proof of education (transcripts), professional licenses and certifications, when applicable, during the recruitment process as these items will be required at the time of selection.
Contact email@example.com or call 410-767-4986 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay