ADMINISTRATOR III, Project Oversight Officer
Bureau of Revenue Estimates-Data Warehouse
|Department||COMP Bureau of Revenue Estimates|
|Date Opened||8/22/2019 09:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/5/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,152.00 - $82,089.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Dionne Sellman|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
This is a position specific recruitment. The resulting certified eligible list may be used to staff several current and future vacancies for this position/function only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The incumbent of this position plays a dynamic role in supporting and overseeing projects within the Comptroller's Data Warehouse Unit (DWU). Responsibilities include working with business users to identify opportunities for process improvements, revenue generating programs,and new data sources as well as project initiation, scoping, planning, and implementation. This position supports upper management by maintaining the Microsoft project plan that coordinates and reports on all aspects of data warehouse operations, including the tracking of data warehouse technical resources, functional resources from other divisions, testing resources, and implementation resources. It also requires communication with both the aforementioned resources and upper management. The DWU is a small unit; employees are required to be flexible with job requirements and comfortable with procuring additional skills on the fly. Time management skills, such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates, are required. Procedure development and implementation is an essential element of this unit. Skills in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems or generate improvement are required. This position also assumes oversight of the unit in the absence of the director.
Please Note: The incumbent for this position will work on-site in the Annapolis office but will occasionally be required to travel to off-site meetings.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
- Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
- Three years of experience in Microsoft power point, Excel, Word and Teradata SQL
- Two years of experience in SAP Business objects
- Three years of experience in Data analysis
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) listed above to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the experience requested above or your application will not be considered. You must demonstrate that you meet both the minimum AND selective qualifications.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Comptroller of Maryland's Data Warehouse systems, including reporting and case management tools
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally to understand shared goals and objectives
- Ability to set short and long term goals that align with overall organizational direction
- Know-how to engage with vendors to deliver on business needs and proven track record of delivering high quality products and services
- Ability to effectively deal with change and lead team through changing priorities
- Proven ability to build successful work team and manage and retain high performing talent
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management in a clear and professional manner, both verbally and written
- Ability to multi-task and comfortable working in a large organization and across multiple teams
- Experience in advanced Microsoft Office suite, including Power Point
- Experience managing people on-site and remote, including proven experience providing effective coaching, feedback, evaluation and development plans
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to demonstrate that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Please indicate clearly any position-specific experience and ensure all education and experience sections are complete. Incomplete information may result in the disqualification of your application.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.