Finance and Support Administrator (CFO)
|Department||Maryland State Library|
|Date Opened||11/27/2019 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,687.00 - $84,552.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Irene Padilla|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Prepare operational budgets to be submitted to the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), Division of Budget Analysis as a request for resources to support the administrative functions of this program by analyzing historical data, discussing program needs with other agency administrators, and developing projections in spreadsheet format on an annual basis
- Analyze operating expenditures and revise budget projections on a monthly basis to bring budget in line with actual expenditure and submit same to the DBM Division of Budget Analysis
- Allocate funding years and State identification numbers to projects developed for all capital budget so State and Local Library Agencies properly identify and record all correspondence, financial transactions and reports to the appropriate project by reviewing previously issued identification numbers, previously issued grants relative to the project, preparing a spreadsheet and performing calculation
- Function as the liaison between the agency and the Office of Personal Services & Benefits (OPSB) Shared Services Division
- Direct and Manage financial/procedural compliance audits of Local Library Agencies to insure compliance with statue and regulations by overseeing the scheduling of field audits, and by evaluating work papers and reports of audit staff
- Approve all operational and capital procurement, cash receipts, and disbursement to insure that purchases/cash receipts and payments are made in accordance with management's direction by reviewing purchase orders, invoices, transfers, and authorizing the same
- Oversee all operating procurement of supplies and services in order to insure compliance with State laws, rules/regulations and policies
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Human Resources experience
- Financial Management Information Systems (FMIS) experience
- Budget Analysis and Reporting System (BARS) experience
- Certified Public Accountant
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|