DJS CASE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST SUPERVISOR
|Department||DJS Western Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||6/21/2019 10:25:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/5/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,476.00 - $79,203.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shavonne Holman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Western Maryland Children’s Center
18420 Roxbury Road
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Main Purpose of Job
A Case Management Specialist Supervisor at Western Maryland Children’s Center provides supervisory level of work that includes overseeing the implementation and coordination of services and treatment plans for juveniles under the care and custody of the Department of Juvenile Services. The Case Management Specialist Supervisor will be required to ensure proper implementation of treatment programming and serve on committees regarding programming. Employees in this classification will address and monitor the specific duties, needs and job performance of DJS Case Management Specialists. Applicants should be aware that this position supports 24/7 operations and shift schedules may vary.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of experience providing case management services to emotionally or socially maladjusted, delinquent, victimized or exceptional juveniles in a community or residential setting.
1. Candidates may substitute possession of an Associate of Arts degree in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited college or university and two years of experience providing direct services to children in a community or residential setting for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute possession of a Master’s degree in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Social Services classifications or Social Services specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates who possess experience planning and supervising the performance of work of employees are highly desirable.
Be sure to reflect on the Supplemental Questionnaire how you meet the preferred qualification
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This recruitment is limited to current employees of the Maryland Department of Juvenile Services only.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification must be fully certified by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission prior to appointment and are required to maintain certification while employed.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to hire. Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St. .
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Shavonne Holman
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at DJSCareers@maryland.gov. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.