DJS YOUTH TRANSPORTATION OFFICER TRAINEE
|Department||DJS Metro Region - Administration|
|Date Opened||6/28/2019 08:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/12/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Karen Badostain|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Alfred D. Noyes Children's Center
9925 Blackwell Road
Rockville, MD 20850
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Maryland Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Note: The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course for DJS support staff required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
2. Employees in this classification will be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification may be subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be supplied with a pager or be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09.03 – Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
All applicants must provide sufficient information on the Maryland State application to show they meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Applications that meet the qualifications will be referred to the hiring unit for interview/selection. Only those candidates that demonstrate, in their applications, the required qualifications will be deemed qualified and referred. Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a period of one year. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
Therefore, it is important that you report all experience and education that is relevant to this position completely and accurately.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Juvenile Services at 410-230-3454
A background investigation will be conducted which includes, but is not limited to criminal history, child protective services records, state and national sex offender registry records, employment records, driving records and educational records.
Online application process is strongly urged. If you are unable to apply on line you may fax a paper application:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
7300 Calhoun Place, Suite 500
Rockville, Maryland 20850
Attn: Karen Badostain
Fax number 301-279-1204
If you choose fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#.
The paper application must be received by 5 p.m., close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.