DJS RESIDENT ADVISOR SUPERVISOR
|Department||DJS Western Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||6/6/2019 3:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,397.00 - $67,480.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Bonnie Smith|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
Savage Mountain Youth Center
164 Freedom Ln., Lonacoing, MD 21539
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience providing supervision and guidance to youth in a juvenile facility or juvenile services community program for at-risk youth.
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Candidates may substitute successful completion of twelve hours of supervisory related training approved by DJS Human Resources for six months of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute education in criminal justice or the social or behavioral sciences at an accredited college or university at a rate of 15 credit hours for each six months of the required experience for up to one year of experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Social Services Aid and Assistant classifications or Social Services Aid and Assistant specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates must be fully certified by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission prior to appointment as a DJS Resident Advisor II and are required to maintain certification while employed.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification that are employed at DJS Youth Centers must have completed a Board approved medication technician training program and possess a valid Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) certification as a Medication Technician.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. Employees in this classification that are employed at DJS Youth Centers must possess a Maryland Board of Nursing Medication Technician certificate in accordance with Nurse Practice Act, Annotated Code of Maryland, Health Occupation Article, Title 8, COMAR Title 10, Subtitle 39, Chapter 04 - Medication Technicians.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. A paper application may be mailed to the address below or faxed to the fax number below. If you choose fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online application or paper application. Applications must be received by the closing date no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment and Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Bonnie Smith
Fax Number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other state agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|