DJS RESIDENTIAL GROUP LIFE MANAGER I
|Department||DJS Metro Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||5/20/2019 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/3/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,034.00 - $76,896.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shavonne Holman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
9925 Blackwell Road
Rockville, MD 20850
The DJS Residential Group Life Manager I position is responsible for providing supervision and guidance of group life activities to the youth residing in a facility that is operated by the Maryland Department of Juvenile Services. The DJS Residential Group Life Manager I functions as shift commander for the entire campus.
The Maryland Department of Juvenile Services is recruiting to fill current vacancies for the DJS Residential Group Life Manager I at Alfred D Noyes Children's Center. The DJS Residential Group Life Manager I will function as the shift commander for a shift of direct care staff and has full responsibility for the group life program during a shift and provides supervision to DJS Resident Advisor Supervisors. The DJS Residential Group Life Manager I ensures safety and security of the facility and is responsible for addressing concerns and reporting of incidents. The positon is responsible for standards of performance and continuity of training of assigned personnel and their adherence to facility and department policies The position is assigned a regular shift but may be required to work other shifts, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays as required by staffing needs. The incumbent may be subject to call-in based on staffing needs.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience providing supervision and guidance to youth in a juvenile facility or juvenile services community program for at-risk youth.
1. The education and certification requirements are set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Candidates may substitute possession of an Associate of Arts degree in Criminal Justice or the social or behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university or sixty credit hours from an accredited college or university, including 15 hours in criminal justice or the social or behavioral sciences for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or the social or behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university for two years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Correctional Officer classifications or Correctional Officer specialty codes in the Miscellaneous Occupations field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2.Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Shavonne Holman
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity