DJS RESIDENTIAL GROUP LIFE MANAGER I
|Department||DJS Western Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||8/6/2019 12:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,331.00 - $79,203.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Bonnie Smith|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
Victor Cullen Center
6000 Cullen Dr.
Sabillasville, MD 21780
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience providing supervision and guidance to youth in a juvenile facility or juvenile services community program for at-risk youth.
1. The education and certification requirements are set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Candidates may substitute possession of an Associate of Arts degree in Criminal Justice or the social or behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university or sixty credit hours from an accredited college or university, including 15 hours in criminal justice or the social or behavioral sciences for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or the social or behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university for two years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Correctional Officer classifications or Correctional Officer specialty codes in the Miscellaneous Occupations field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1.Candidates who have not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course for DJS staff required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate within 365 days of initial appointment or placement in this classification according to Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.03. Employees are required to maintain certification while employed.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification that are employed at DJS Youth Centers may be required to complete a Board approved medication technician training program and possess a valid Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) certification as a Medication Technician.
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list categorized as Qualified, Better Qualified, or Best Qualified. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a period of one year. This list will be sued by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
If you have completed education outside the US, you will need to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. A paper application may be mailed to the address below or faxed to the fax number below. If you choose fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online application or paper application. Applications must be received by the closing date no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment and Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Bonnie Smith
Fax Number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other state agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|