CHARTER SPECIALIST I
|Department||DAT Business Property Valuation|
|Date Opened||12/3/2019 11:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/17/2019 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,053.00 - $65,138.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Evelyn Powell|
We are recruiting to fill Current and Future vacancies within our Charter Legal Division. This is a Position Specific Recruitment. The List of Eligible candidates will be used to fill this position and function only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Assessments and Taxation
Charter Legal Division
301 W. Preston Street, Room 806
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
The following examples of work are provided (not all-inclusive):
· Learns to review corporation and other Business entity documents for Legal sufficiency pursuant to Maryland Laws and regulations.
· Learns to review, accept or reject filed documents, providing detailed instructions to correct deficiencies
· Learns to advise and counsel Officers and Directors of possible or existing Business entities, their Attorneys or Representatives as to the proper procedures to be followed by those entities to obtain or maintain good standing with the State of Maryland.
· Learns to direct and/or lead Departmental staff, and Clerical staff in the daily processing of documents and related forms filed with the Department and in the preparation of Correspondences.
· Learns to communicate on a daily basis with the General public and Members of the Bar, the Courts and other Government agencies.
Education: Possession of a Juris Doctor degree or equivalent degree from an accredited law school.
Note: Applicants may substitute experience in examining or processing articles of incorporation or other corporate documents for compliance with State or federal corporation laws on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees and management.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of internal and external customers
3. Ability to interact with the Public, Business community, Attorneys, Legal representatives and other State employees in a way that promotes respect, cooperation and contributes to excellent performance.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Candidate must be willing to work in Baltimore City.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The assessment will consist of a rating of your Education, Training and Experience related to the requirements of this position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified or Qualified and place on the Employment (Eligible) list for a least one year.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, you may submit a paper application and resume to: State Department of Assessments and Taxation, Attn: Office of Human Resources, Room 511, 300 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Applications must be received by the closing date. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 410-767-1140.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.