Nutrition Program Support
|Department||MSDE Office of School and Community Nutrition|
|Date Opened||12/30/2019 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/13/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,601.00 - $61,038.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
This recruitment is for several positions in various divisions with MSDE:
Nutrition Program Support - Office of School and Community Nutrition Programs
Management Associate - Office of Leadership Development and School Improvement
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Provides executive assistance and support to the Director, interprets administrative decisions and policies and transmits instructions with the authority of the Director;
- Provides recommendations to the Director with regard to changes in policies and procedures and updates procedures to reflect changes in operations and technology;
- Prepares and disseminates final reports and effective recommendations based on analysis conducted for Local Education Agencies (LEAs), other participating Child Nutrition Agencies, MSDE, and United States Department of Agriculture;
- Prepares legislatively mandated reports and other reports for the review and signature of the Director and Deputy;
Building Internal Capacity
- Evaluates various circumstances and formulates special resolution to issues which may deviate from standard procedures;
- Independently responsible for the coordination of Administrative coverage of the Office of School and Community Nutrition Programs;
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Five years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration or Personnel Specialist classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Special Assistant or Secretarial fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1 year of Microsoft Office Suite experience
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Data Tracking and Entry experience
- Customer Service
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The selected candidate will be subject to a criminal history background check as the final step in the selection process.
Please do not put "See Resume" in the job duties section of your application; your application will be considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Human Resources, Attention: Marcia Cooper-Stokes, 200 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
Paper application materials must be received by the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-8950. Include the first and last name, recruitment 19-002650-0048 (Management Associate) and the last 4 digits of the SS#. Only solicited materials will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Human Resources at 410-767-0019.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
MD TTY Relay Service
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.