ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I
|Department||DHS - Washington County DSS|
|Filing Deadline||2/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,289.00 - $48,005.00/year with potential growth up to $58,965.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Scott Waddel|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Washington County Department of Social Services
122 N Potomac Street
Hagerstown MD 21740
Main Purpose of Job
At all times, the incumbent will provide customer service to both internal and external customers that meets or exceeds the standards set by the Department.
Monitors, reviews, and provides monthly feedback in the form of statistical reports for the Adult Services budget.
Processes and reviews invoices and Purchase Authorization and Invoice Forms.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: One (I) year experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred
qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
1.One year of budgetary experience within in a public or private workforce.
2. One year of experience in grants management
3. One year of experience in accounts payables and accounts receivables.
4. One year of experience using Microsoft Excel and/or FMIS (Financial Management Information System).
5. Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Accounting from an accredited college or university
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for one year.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 133, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload.If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay