ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I
|Department||LABOR - Occupational and Professional Licensing 1|
|Date Opened||6/13/2019 10:40:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/27/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Ernestine Hyman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Position duties include, but are not limited to, the following,
- Reviews all documents and determines if the case has legal merit and if it does, prepares complaint for additional review by assigning the complaint to investigation.
- Prepares monthly Maryland Real Estate State Statistical reports to monitor the volume of complaints received, the amount of money that has been paid out of the Guaranty fund and the amount of money being collected through the Central Collection Unit.
- Routinely meets with other REC Administrative staff and real estate officials from other States as necessary.
- Prepares written documents for the Asst. Director & Executive Director's signature such as refund requests and in house complaints.
- Prepares written documents for the Executive Director signature, such as dismissal letters, cover letters on documents to the Attorney General's staff, Commissioners and consumers. Includes any legal documents and preparations for hearings on the complaints relating to pre-charge and written decisions from Administrative Law Judges.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: One (I) year experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
Legal/Legislative assistant or legal secretary experience
Experience preparing legal documents
Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel ,Access, PowerPoint: Adobe Acrobat and /or Google Calendar and e-mail experience
Experience preparing legal documents or exhibits
Experience typing, proofreading, and sending, as well as receiving and processing, correspondence
Experience preparing and drafting written reports and correspondence
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The Online application is STRONGLY recommended. However, the paper application may be submitted to DLLR, Recruitment and Selection Division, 1100 N. Eutaw Street, Room 101, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Administration
Attn: Ernestine Hyman 19-002711-0023
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Ernestine Hyman at 410-230-6298 or via email at Ernestine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.