ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I
|Department||Maryland Emergency Management Agency|
|Date Opened||7/12/2019 07:16:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/27/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,601.00 - $49,694 (with potential for growth to $61,038.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Kristi Metzger|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Reisterstown, MD 21136
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Process payments of account payables using the State’s Advanced Purchasing and Inventory Control System (ADPICS) in compliance with State and Federal regulations, policies and procedures
- Provide support to MEMA Program Managers by assisting with inquires made regarding payments from their respective grant programs
- Process requests for reimbursement through the Emergency Management Assistance Compact in compliance with Maryland Military Department, MEMA and FEMA procedures
- Respond to annual audit requests for information from various firms for documentation related to grant payments to jurisdictions and state agencies, by providing the necessary FMIS screens and deriving spreadsheets from FMIS
- Reconciles Petty Cash Account to budgeted amount on a quarterly basis
- Function as agency’s RSTARS/ADPICS Vendor Coordinator
- Emergency and Disaster response and recovery operations as needed and/or assigned by agency Executive Director, Directors, or Operations Personnel
- Employee will be expected to staff the State Emergency Operations Center upon activation for real-world emergency incidents and exercises
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: One (I) year experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 1 year of experience in accounts payable
- 6 months of experience with FMIS and/or ADPICS specifically relating to accounts payable
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF COMPLETING THE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|