ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I **REPOST**
FULL-TIME CONTRACTUAL - CALL CENTER QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
|Department||MDH Health Professionals Boards and Commissions|
|Date Opened||8/29/2019 12:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$18.46 - $29.18/hour (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Carolyn Chase|
CONTRACTUAL RECRUITMENT REPOSTED - PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission, Linthicum Heights, MD
Main Purpose of Job
The Quality Assurance Specialist (QAS) provides customer service on the phone and in person, assists with clerical responsibilities and administrative support to the Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) for the overall improvement in the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC) patient program. The Quality Assurance (QA) department is responsible for the processing of patient and caregiver registry information.
- Receives and reviews patient and caregiver registry information for accuracy.
- Responsible for handling inbound and place outbound calls, multitask while on the phone.
- Tracks all telephone calls and essential components of conversations, and letters and ID cards mailed to patients using an electronic web based application.
- Enters data into software applications timely and accurately.
- Ascertains the most current and correct contact information, maintains accurate mailing lists and coordinates printing and mailing of ID cards
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with external and internal customers.
- Assists with follow up over the phone and/or through email to respond to customer needs and requests.
- Review printed materials for accuracy prior to disseminating to recipients.
- Responsible for issuance of registry deliverables.
- Participates in the continuous improvement process to identify quality issues and recommends solutions of client services, policies and procedures.
- Works in collaboration with the QAM to meet department goals and objectives.
- Assists with ensuring safety policy and procedures are practiced and adhered.
- Enforces all MMCC and departmental policies and procedures.
- Complies with all applicable state and federal regulations related to medical cannabis practices.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Protects the confidentiality of beneficiary information through compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: One (I) year experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge and understanding of basic medical terminology, HIPAA, math and analytical skills.
Call Center and/or Quality Assurance experience in the healthcare industry.
Detail oriented and organized and motivated to learn.
Ability to analyze customer needs and present appropriate solutions.
Considerable knowledge of business English, medical terminology, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, filing, general office methods and techniques
Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
Demonstrate computer word-processing and data based skills required.
Demonstrate experience with Microsoft Office and Windows software preferred.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
Outstanding customer service and listening skills.
Ability to promote teamwork within the organization.
Bilingual Spanish speaking a plus.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.