ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I
(Office Services Mailroom Supervisor)
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||12/3/2019 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/17/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,601.00 - $61,038.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Wallace|
NOTE: This is an Internal Only recruitment. Only current employees of the Maryland State Retirement Agency, Finance Division, Office Services Unit may apply.
The Maryland State Retirement Agency is the administrator of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System (“System”). The System is a defined benefit retirement system covering governmental employees within the State of Maryland. The System has more than 400,000 participants (customers), including members who are actively employed and participating in the System, payees who receive a monthly payment from the System, and 50,000 vested members who are no longer actively employed but have earned a benefit that will become payable at a future date.
The Agency's Finance Division General Accounting Unit has an opening for an Administrative Officer I position. This position will supervise the Mail and Check Processing Unit of the Office Services Department.
LOCATION OF POSITION
120 E. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: One (I) year experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Two years of recent experience supervising staff in a high volume mailroom and shipping operation. Two years of managing and coordinating mass mailings and/or mass report/reproduction jobs;
2. Two years experience performing document imaging, indexing and storage management; managing and inventorying large volume office supplies and equipment. This experience should also include the operation of heavy duty/high volume postage, mail handling and print/reproduction office machines and equipment.
3. One year of recent work experience and familiarity with the mission, organizational structure, operations and overall mission of the Maryland State Retirement Agency.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the minimum for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
Due to the confidential nature of the work, selected candidates must undergo and pass a background check.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
DBM Recruitment & Examination Department
301 West Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application. If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call Jesse Filamor at 410-767-4921.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|