HUMAN SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR II
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
|Department||DHS - Baltimore City DSS|
|Date Opened||5/3/2019 3:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/17/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,152.00 - $82,089.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Baltimore City Department of Social Services
Family Investment Administration
Workforce Development Unit
1910 N. Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21213
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to provide leadership and direction to the Office of Workforce Development Contracts & Invoicing Unit and Work Participation Unit. This position serves as the assistant to the Workforce Development Administrator. The Contract Unit is responsible assisting in the design, implementation and monitoring of work program vendors. This position is responsible for providing technical assistance to work program vendors and monitoring program services to ensure deliverables are met and contractor compliance. This position develops, tracks and oversees the tracking of TCA customer activities in WORKS and monitors the validity of contractor's request for payment of program services set forth in agreement between the Baltimore City Department of Social Services and the Family Investment Program Contractors. This position provides leadership and direction to the Work Participation Unit which is responsible for monitoring and tracking success in getting each FI Center's TCA recipients to participate in federally defined work activities and identifying the systematic and individual reasons why participation in federally defined activities is not occurring. Strategies are then developed and carried out to ensure ongoing achievement of a 50% or greater WPR for each FI Center.
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Seven years experience in administrative, professional or technical work, two years of which must have involved supervision of other employees or exercising responsibility for program development.
1. Applicants may substitute education at the graduate level at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours on a year-for-year basis for a maximum of two years of the required general experience.
2. Experience in a human service program may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required four years of college education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Administrative Officer classifications or Administrative Officer specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education, two (2) years of which must have been in an administrative supervisory or consultative capacity.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of experience creating, directing and managing the development and implementation of major projects, contract management or community engagement experience for a human service program or an organization.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal candidate would possess:
1. One year of experience facilitating training and orientation of new or revised procedures and/or policies for new or existing programs, projects, and or initiatives on behalf of internal or external customers or clients.
2. One year of experience managing the oversight of a program budget.
3. One year experience in employment readiness, adult education and/or public benefit programs in urban areas.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.