Assistant Director of Food and Nutrition Services
|Date Opened||4/22/2019 4:24:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/4/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,034.00 - $76,896.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Linda Padgett|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
Health Services Unit-Food and Nutrition
120 W. Fayette Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Note: A remote location may be determined during the selection process
Main Purpose of Job
1. Assists the DJS Director of Food and Nutrition Service with program planning, implementation of CNP regulations and program evaluation at thirteen residential sites in order to meet program requirements and receive federal funds. The sites include: Cheltenham Detention Facility, J. DeWeese Carter Center, Charles H. Hickey, Jr. School, Thomas Waxter Children’s Center, Western Maryland Children’s Center, Victor Cullen Center, Lower Eastern Shore Children’s Center, Alfred D. Noyes Center, Baltimore City Juvenile Justice Center, Backbone Youth Center, Savage Mountain Youth Center, Greenridge Youth Center, Meadow Mountain Youth Center..
2. Assists in orientation, evaluation and hiring of food service staff.
3. Develops materials for in-service training of food service personnel.
4. Assists with planning and the nutrition analysis of DJS cycle menus.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Dietetic Practice under the licensing requirements for Nutritionists and Dietitians.
Experience: Four years of experience providing professional nutrition or dietetic services, two years of which must have in a public health or community setting.
Notes: 1. A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Community Health, Nutrition or Public Health may be substituted for one year of required general experience.
2. A Doctorate Degree from an accredited college or university in Community Health, Nutrition or Public Health may be substituted for two years of the required general experience in nutrition or dietetics.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Dietitian and Nutritionist classification or Dietitian and Nutritionist specialty codes in the Dietitian field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
*Possession of a ServSafe Certification within the past three years
*Experience with implementation of the federal Child Nutrition Program regulations
*Experience using the Nutrikids software to analyze menus.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Dietitian or Nutritionist from the Maryland State Board of Dietetic Practice, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 prior to permanent appointment.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. A paper application may be mailed to the address below or faxed to the fax number below. If you choose fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online application or paper application. Applications must be received by the closing date no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment and Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Linda Padgett
Fax Number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other state agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.