Procurement Officer II
Information Technology ï¿½ Procurement Officer
|Department||DGS Procurement & Logistics Division|
|Date Opened||10/16/2019 2:32:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/7/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,687- $84,552/year (based on qualifications and Salary Guidelines)|
|HR Analyst||Mojisola Ogungbe|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position will be performing procurement duties for the Office of State Procurement. It will be responsible for reviewing the scope and format of IT solicitations and task orders for compliance with IT policies and procedures. This position will also prepare Board of Public Works' (BPW) agenda items to formally request BPW approval as required for certain procurements, assist in managing the task order process for use of Statewide IT and Telecommunications contracts. Providing guidance, direction, and instruction to other State agencies in developing task orders; assist in the development of solicitations for IT and telecommunication commodities and services in support of statewide requirements and evaluate proposals received in response to solicitations and task orders and assisting in preparing award selection recommendations.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
• Responds to questions from contractors, State agencies and the public. Contacts contractors to supply information regarding solicitations and contract awards. Drafts original follow-up correspondence, as necessary, to inform bidders of any deficiencies in their submissions.
• Responsible for bid opening and reviews and evaluates the bid tabulation. Creates Blanket Purchase Orders (BPO) utilizing the Financial Management Information System (FMIS). Revises the standard language, line item information pertaining to award and BPO. Also, responsible for posting awards on eMaryland Marketplace Advantage (eMMA).
• Consult with user agencies and contractors to facilitate the processing of solicitations and contracts in an efficient manner. Contact agency officials to request fund certification, pricing selection waiver, verification of information and other necessary backup documentation. Serve as liaison with agency officials, advising on policies and regulations of the Board of Public Works, Departmental Procurement Review Board and COMAR regulations. Develop, prepare and maintain automated and manual record keeping systems for vendors, procurement records, contract correspondence and associated reports.
• Creates and maintain contract renewals and contract modification award documents for approval. Keeps track of timetable for agenda items for review, approval and necessary authority signatures for submittal to the Board of Public Works (BPW) and/or the Departmental Procurement Review Board (DPRB).
• Provide accurate and detailed analysis of bids received to determine the responsiveness and responsibility of bidders. Perform related tasks such as verifying references, obtaining control number from the Comptroller’s Office for tax compliance, verifying computations on bid document, certificates of insurance and/or bonding with contract requirements, valid licenses, Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Small Business Enterprise (SBE), and Veterans Small Business Enterprise (VSBE) submittal participation and other information requested for submittal with bid. Utilizes skills to recommend the responsible bidder submitting the lowest responsive bid for contract award following the guidelines of COMAR regulations.
• Participate in pre-bid meeting conferences to review specifications with attending contractors and agency officials. Provide clarification, advice and information to attendees. Record, prepare and distribute pre-bid meeting minutes and/or amendments when necessary through eMMA. Applies and interprets the principles and guidelines of COMAR regulations. Creates/maintains all contract files and subsidiary records related to the solicitation.
•Provide copy of specification and forward MBE Goal Form with a recommended MBE goal to the Procurement Review Board (PRG).
• Review, edit and recommend modifications of specifications from agency. Upon receipt of specifications, review, determine critical elements, develop, and recommend standard contractual terms to ensure a fair and competitive bid and equitable contract award. Communicate with agency officials to determine final verification of revised specifications.
• Resolves protests and disputes between agencies, DGS and contractors. Maintains current and working knowledge of procurement laws, codes, policies, procedures and objectives. Determines proper resolution within established guidelines and regulations.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two (2) years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
1. Candidates may substitute professional contract management or procurement experience on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university, at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
• One(1) year experience with IT procurement; such as Cloud contracting, procuring IT hardware and software.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualifications. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
A certification (or planned certification with date) from one of the following:
- Certified Purchasing Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management;
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association;
- Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council.
Experience procuring IT goods and services. Experience could include, for example, issuing solicitations; reviewing proposals; managing an evaluation team; preparing procurement documents; negotiating terms and conditions; managing vendor relationships.
Experience managing contracts providing IT goods and services. Experience could include, for example, managing contractor performance; preparing and issuing change orders/modifications; resolving performance, invoice, or payment issues.
Experience using the following software: Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Google applications (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms), Adobe (Acrobat Pro).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must obtain and possess certification as a Procurement Professional Certification from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to support that you meet the qualifications for this position. All information concerning your qualifications MUST BE submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. We highly recommend that you submit your transcript when you apply for the position.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – Verification will be completed by the appointing authority. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of an examination. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week. You must include on your application the time spent on such activity. You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Applicants are encouraged to upload proof of education (transcripts), professional license and certifications, when applicable, during the recruitment process as these items will be required at the time of selection.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-767-1386 with questions about this recruitment.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dbm.maryland.gov – click on the State Jobs tab. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Room 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay