PROCUREMENT MANAGER I
Supervisor, Information Technology Procurement
|Department||DGS Office of State Procurement|
|Date Opened||11/18/2019 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/3/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$82,437 - $109,539 (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Ari Ross|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is with the Office of State Procurement (Department of General Services) located at 45 Calvert Street, Annapolis, MD 21401.
This is a Management Service position which serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to perform highly complex information technology procurements, as well as to supervise a group of procurement officers doing the same. This includes all sourcing and award activities, agency procurement technical interpretation, instruction, guidance and assistance in accordance with State laws and regulations.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
· Plans, coordinates, supervises and evaluates the work of lower-level Procurement Officers.
· Trains lower-level Procurement Officers.
· Handles most complex agency problems and issues related to statewide procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
· Determines basis for awards and evaluation criteria.
· Develops contract specifications including performance and acceptance standards, payment terms, contract management elements, contract modifications, contract renewals and advertisement requirements in accordance with State procurement procedures, laws and regulations for the procurement of all necessary services, supplies, equipment, real estate, construction, indefinite quantity contracts, facilities maintenance and commodities.
· Conducts pre-bid/pre-proposal conferences, site inspections, explains procurement requirements, establishes procurement procedures, and schedules, participates in, and conducts offerors’ discussions and contract negotiations.
· Examines bid proposals to determine issues of responsiveness and responsibility and need for additional information.
· Conducts bid openings for competitive procurements to determine whether offerors are qualified to be selected for award and may recommend proposals for awards.
· Manages the advertisement of procurement opportunities, distributes specifications to vendors, conducts vendor conferences, receives and secures bid or proposals, oversees the evaluation process and contract award.
· Researches materials and provides testimony regarding Board of Public Works items and prepare documents for BPW contract approval.
· Prepares minutes of pre-bid/pre-proposal conferences, addenda to Requests for Proposals (RFP)/Invitation for Bids (IFB) and answers written questions from potential bidders and offerors.
· Assembles statistical and narrative data and prepares reports for use in evaluating State procurement activity and performance measurement.
· Provides testimony in bid protest disputes.
· Evaluates contractor’s performance against terms and conditions of contracts and recommends corrective actions, such as the application of damages, withholding of payment or termination of contract.
· Confers with Assistant Attorney General’s Office regarding bid irregularities, contract disputes, protests, vendor compliance or appeals and Public Information Act requests.
· Verifies Certificates of Insurance, Bonds and references for compliance with contract requirements.
· Verifies Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) participation.
· Implements new and revised fiscal policies, procedures and standards to capture complex procurement costs.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four (4) years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions. This must include at least one (1) year of supervisory experience overseeing the work of others.
1. Candidates may substitute professional or paraprofessional contract management or procurement experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the following written certifications, obtained through passing an examination, for the required education: Certified Purchasing Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers).
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
1. Previous State of Maryland procurement experience at the professional level is highly desired.
2. CPPO/CPPB or related professional certification strongly preferred.
3. Previous IT procurement experience is strongly preferred.
4. Expert knowledge of the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) is preferred.
5. Strong oral and written communications skills is preferred.
TO APPLY: E-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include the position title in the e-mail subject line.
Please call the DGS HR Office at 410-767-4985 with questions about this position or the application process.
Please provide sufficient information to support that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications MUST BE submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|