NATURAL RESOURCES MANAGER II
Wildfire Programs Coordinator
|Department||DNR - Forest Service|
|Date Opened||3/13/2019 12:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/27/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,898.00 - $71,671.00/ year (State Salary Guidelines apply to State Employees)|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of a high school diploma or a State high school equivalence certificate.
Experience: Seven years of experience either performing, or supervising workers performing technical natural resources or conservation work.
1. Pertinent volunteer and/or part-time experience is acceptable. Please document the number of hours spent per week in this type of experience on the application form (MS 100).
2. Applicants may substitute vocational or college education in a natural resources discipline for experience at the rate of one year of education for one year of experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a non-commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the biological science technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Training and experience in wildland fire suppression and prescribed burn implementation.
2. Experience in working with partner agencies, fire departments, and community groups.
3. Experience in equipment acquisition, inventory, and disposal.
4. Experience in operating heavy equipment such as dozers, fire engines, chippers, & skid steer.
5. Class A or B CDL (commercial driver's license).
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date.
Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Human Resources Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.