ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II
|Department||LABOR - Labor and Industry - General Admin|
|Date Opened||10/8/2019 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/22/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,053.00 - $52,921.00 with potential growth to $65,138.00 annually.|
|HR Analyst||Chevelle Wise|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position coordinates Outreach activities for the Division of Labor and Industry in support of strategic initiatives that promote the Division's mission of protecting and promoting the health, safety and employee rights of Maryland employees.
Coordinates outreach initiatives for the Division of Labor and Industry by facilitating and marketing workshops, presentations and meetings throughout the state through a combination of mass mailings, emails, telephone calls, public/special events and targeted solicitations. Conducts weekly Outreach meetings with the Deputy Commissioner and Outreach team, and recommends appropriate actions. Produces Power Point presentations, maintains and refreshes Outreach database, creates and updates brochures and promotional literature, customer forms, instruction sheets, and other marketing materials. Works with third-party vendors.
Coordinates with the Office of the Secretary to respond to media inquiries and provide back-up research to OOS when needed to respond to media inquiries. Drafts press releases and assists with writing and producing the Department weekly e-newsletter. Advises units and programs within The Division on communications strategies.
Organizes, attends and/or participates in special events, trade shows and other opportunities to promote Division programs and initiatives and build relationships with stakeholders.
Manages administrative functions for Division-related boards, including the MOSH Advisory Board, Board of Boiler Rules, Amusement Ride Safety Board and Maryland Rehabilitation Code Advisory Council. Prepares and submits Board information (appointments, resignations, attendance, etc.) to the Office of the Secretary, coordinates and schedules meetings, communicates changes/updates to members, ensures accurate meeting minutes are transcribed, approved and signed by the Commissioner. Ensures timely distribution of meeting minutes to Board members for review before each meeting. Also coordinates and facilitates Construction Industry Round-table meetings.
Assists in the formulation and implementation of the annual Outreach Plan that serves as a blueprint for promotional and educational strategies for Division activities throughout the year.
Monitors and maintains Division website, overseeing the development and updating of all web content as it relates to Outreach activities -- ensuring information is accurate and posted in a timely manner.
Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Two years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or journalism.
• At least five years of progressively responsible work experience in a marketing, communications and/or outreach capacity.
• In-depth knowledge of social media platforms.
• Organized self-starter able to work independently with minimal oversight. Strong organizational, problem solving and time-management skills. Able to coordinate multiple calendars, schedule meetings/events, maintain files, and manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Proficient using all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Publisher, and capable of learning new software applications and systems. Database list management, mail merge and website maintenance expertise preferred.
• Detail oriented; innovative/creative; strong writing and copy editing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
• Exercises mature judgement and maintains confidentiality.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants must provide sufficient information on the application to show they meet the qualifications for this recruitment. RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION/EXAMINATION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualification, including any required documentation (diploma, transcripts, certificate, etc) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
***Please note that your answers on the supplemental questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
U.S. Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. Any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing a U.S. Military form DD 214 verifying honorable discharge from service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Permanent State employees do not need to submit proof of Veterans’ status.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, You may contact Chevelle Wise 410-230-6293 or submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
MDOL Office of Human Resources
Attn: Administrative Officer II (19-003235-0037)CW
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 100
Baltimore, MD 21201
Department of Labor, is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of MDOL that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.