REVENUE ADMINISTRATOR V- Regional Manager
Taxpayer Services Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||11/5/2019 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,476.00 - $79,203.00/year|
|HR Analyst||April Hall|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
This is a position specific recruitment. The resulting certified eligible list may be used to staff several current and future vacancies for this position/function only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The Comptroller of Maryland is looking for two responsible individuals interested in a position with opportunities to enjoy traveling and working in beautiful eastern and central, and western and central Maryland.
The main purpose of this position is to supervise, direct, and review the work of the assigned office managers in the Branch Operations Section of the Taxpayer Services Division. Responsibilities include coordinating the operations of these managers by providing training, and other support necessary to a provide a full range of taxpayer assistance; answer inquiries and complaints of taxpayers and the general public; and report feedback to the assistant manager of the Branch Operations Section on office productivity. This position will ensure and promote compliance with the tax laws and regulations of the State and proscribed system for reporting and track progress on branch office relocations or new construction. This position is considered one the Agency's emergency essential personnel and is to ensure that the branch offices and call center are adequately staffed during normal work hours and is available during emergency situations.
PLEASE NOTE: Must be willing and able to work Monday through Friday in a full time capacity during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with an hour lunch and work overtime on Saturdays, holidays and other than normal work hours when needed.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university.
Experience: Six years of professional experience in auditing, accounting, the practice of tax law, or general management. Four years of this experience must have involved supervising professional accountants or auditors; giving legal advice requiring the interpretation of tax laws I the capacity of a tax attorney; or must have been in a responsible administrative or management capacity sufficient to demonstrate capabilities of performing responsible staff work.
- Applicants may substitute additional experience as defined above on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Possession of a Certificate as a Certified Public Accountant may be substituted for two years of the required general experience.
- Applicants may substitute graduate education in an academic field related to the required experience from an accredited college or university at the rate of one year of education for one year of the required general experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in accounting and budget classification or accounting and budget specialty codes in the tax examining field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior supervisor/management experience.
- Customer Service experience (prior Taxpayer Service).
- Knowledge & experience in Maryland State and Federal tax regulations and forms.
- Good organizational skills.
- Experience with computer applications, database and spreadsheets (Comptroller’s SMART system & Trip 21).
- Experience in writing performance reviews.
- Good communication skills (speaking & written).
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
- Work may involve special physical demands such as lifting 25 to 35 pounds, climbing ladders, etc. (delivering supplies, adjusting furniture or furnishings)
- The nature of the position requires that the employee be able to travel.
- Employees in this class may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employee assigned such duties will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in the State of Maryland
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to demonstrate that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Please indicate clearly any position-specific experience and ensure all education and experience sections are complete. Incomplete information may result in the disqualification of your application.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.