ARCHIVIST I **REPOST**
|Date Opened||3/19/2019 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,658.00 - $62,925.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tenea Allen|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of professional archival experience.
1. A Master's degree in Archival Science from an accredited college or university or its equivalent may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
2. Applicants may substitute additional experience in professional archival work with public records on a year-for-year-basis for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Archivist classifications or Archivist specialty codes in the Library and Archives field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience editing materials for publication (i.e., manuals and web content)
- Experience providing help desk support
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to Department of Budget and Management Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 West Preston Street, Room 608, Baltimore, MD. 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
All additional information must be received by the closing date.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact S. Hudson at 410-767-4910.
TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.