DIRECT CARE TRAINEE
|Department||MDH Potomac Center|
|Date Opened||4/2/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$24,661.00 - $31,366.00/year, with potential growth to $38,139.00|
|HR Analyst||Michelle Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Potomac Center, Hagerstown MD (Washington County)
Main Purpose of Job
This part-time position will be responsible for providing entry level work by familiarizing self with applicable policies and procedures relating to both personal care as well as identified outcomes and measures; helping persons served meet their personal outcomes; acquiring requisite knowledge and skills via instruction, observation and hands-on training in such representative areas as equipment utilization, data collection, personal hygiene, and programming; and, developing an understanding of and appreciation for developmental status of persons served and authorized optimal ways and means to increase said status to highest possible potential. And, finally, discharging all duties and conducting oneself at all times per all relevant Regulations, Standards, Policies and Procedures including: Departments of Budget and Management and Mental Health and Hygiene; Title 17 Code of Maryland Regulations; Memorandum of Understanding; Office of Health Quality; ICF-MR; Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services; CNA Certification/statutory requirements; Behavioral Principles and Strategies; and Potomac Center.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Notes: 1. Applicants may substitute experience in patient/client direct care for the required education on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Hospital Corpsman classifications or Health Care Specialist and Medical Services specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess and maintain a current certificate as a Nursing Assistant from the Maryland State Board of Nursing OR within sixty days from the date of hire and prior to performing delegated nursing tasks, must have successfully completed a Board of Nursing approved Nursing Assistant training program and received certification as a Nursing Assistant from the Board of Nursing. LICENSE SHOULD BE UPLOADED IN APPLICATION OR LICENSE NUMBER AND EXPIRATION DATE SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN APPLICATION.
2. Employees in this classification located in facilities that provide long term care for the aged may be required to possess or obtain a Geriatric Aide certificate.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
4. Some employees in this classification may be required to operate vans which require a specific motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess the appropriate motor vehicle operator's license.
5. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete training in and maintain a current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
1. Employees in this classification must successfully complete an in-service training program approved by the hiring facility prior to permanent appointment to a position in this classification.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.