DIRECT CARE ASSISTANT II
|Department||MDH Thomas B. Finan Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||5/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/1/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,727.00 - $43,160.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christina Loney|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Thomas B. Finan Center
10102 Country Club Road
Cumberland, MD 21501
This facility is located two and a half hours from Baltimore.
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in work assisting in the care, treatment, habilitation or rehabilitation of mentally or physically ill patients, aged or developmentally disabled in treatment facilities or community based programs.
1. Applicants may substitute additional experience in patient or client direct care on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Hospital Corpsman classifications or Health Care Specialist and Medical Services specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate as a Nursing Assistant from the Maryland State Board of Nursing OR within sixty days from the date of hire and prior to performing delegated nursing tasks, must have successfully completed a Board of Nursing approved Nursing Assistant training program and received certification as a Nursing Assistant from the Board of Nursing.
2. Employees in this classification located in facilities that provide long term care for the aged may be required to possess or obtain a Geriatric Aide certificate.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
4. Some employees in this classification may be required to operate vans which require a specific motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
5. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete training in and maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
1. Employees in this classification must have successfully completed a direct care training course or examination approved by the hiring facility prior to permanent appointment to positions.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|