CORRECTIONAL MAINTENANCE OFFICER SUPERVISOR
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Institution-Jessup|
|Date Opened||11/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/11/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,978.00 - $77,159.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Owen Billing|
Internal Only: This position is for current Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services Employees Only
This is an agency specific recruitment for DPSCS - Division of Capital Construction and Facilities Maintenance for the Maryland Correctional Institution located in Jessup, MD.
This position is permanent day shift with call in requirements during emergencies and staff shortages.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Correctional Institution - Jessup 7803 House of Correction Rd Jessup, Maryland 20794
Main Purpose of Job
Supervises subordinate Maintenance Supervisors and Maintenance Officers involved training and directing inmates in the performance of repair, renovation and preventive maintenance tasks in assigned maintenance trades and/or areas of the facility concerned. Supervisor duties include recommending hiring and disciplining staff, assigning work, monitoring work in progress and evaluating staff job performance.
Monitors inmate workers to assess level of training and job performance and to ensure compliance with custody and security protocols.
Manages implementation of assigned areas of the overall maintenance program; develops preventive maintenance schedules; monitors the maintenance work-order process; reviews and approves cost estimates for supplies and materials; monitors compliance with procedures for security and control of tools and equipment, inspects completed work and work in progress.
Prepares specifications for contractual construction, repair or preventive maintenance projects as assigned; inspects and approves work-in-progress and completed projects.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Maryland Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: Three years of experience involving the custody, security and supervision of adult inmate workers in maintenance operations of a correctional institution.
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in correctional institutional specialty codes in the criminal justice field of work at a rate of two years of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
Experience developing preventive maintenance schedules.
Experience reviewing and approving cost estimates for supplies and materials.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Some positions in this classification may require employees to acquire the appropriate Maryland driver’s license to operate motor vehicles for the transportation of inmates or supplies.
3. Some positions in this classification may require employees to possess a valid Maryland 1st Grade Stationary Engineer license to operate, maintain and clean high-pressure boilers and equipment.
4. Employees who have not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
1. Selection standards for Correctional Officer certification are established by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, must provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed).
We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination ATTN: Owen Billing 300 East Joppa Road, Towson MD 21286
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|